My Flinders Student ID and FAN

Your Student ID and Flinders Authentication Name (FAN) give you access to a range of information and systems while you’re at Flinders.

Please log-in to get your student ID.

Access the Student System

Equipped with your Student ID and password, you can access the Student System. This is where you can :

  • view your personal details
  • enrol and register in classes
  • view and pay fees
  • see topic results

You can access the Student System from your Flinders dashboard (Okta) using your Student ID and password.

Update my personal details

When you’re logged in to the Student System, take a moment to check your personal details and make sure they’re correct.

The Australian government requires you to provide this information as a condition of your enrolment. Please make sure the following is correct:

  • Address Details
  • Citizenship and Residency
  • Cultural details
  • Disability details

Most of your information can be updated in My Details, but some personal information, like your name, date of birth and citizenship, can only be changed in person.

If you need to change personal information that can’t be updated in My Details, bring the relevant legal documents to Flinders Connect and we’ll update the information for you.

And remember, you can access the Student System any time through your Flinders dashboard (Okta).


Apply for my Visa

Once you have received your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) (Step 4 – Apply for your visa), you can apply for a student visa. Congratulations, that is one more important step in your journey to becoming a student at Flinders University.

The most up-to-date and comprehensive information about applying for a visa is available from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), which clearly details all requirements.

It is important that you understand:

  • It is your responsibility to get a visa that allows you to study in Australia.
  • Your visa must remain current for the duration of your course.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is a requirement of the Australian Government for all international students studying in Australia on a student visa, and all family members living in Australia on a dependent visa. Visit Flinders’ Overseas Student Health Cover page for more information.

What will I need

To complete your enrolment, you will need to have the following information in front of you:

  • Your Offer of Admission, which you will need to read carefully.
  • Your Student ID, which is your unique identification while you are at Flinders.

Accommodation information

There are a variety of accommodation options available to you, including on-campus options and support services to help you find somewhere to live off-campus.

On-Campus Living

Our on-campus accommodation, Flinders Living, includes self-contained units in Flinders’ Deirdre Jordan Village and Flinders’ fully catered collegiate University Hall.

Both are located within a five-minute walk from the main campus and the Sturt Buildings, which are located at the northern end of the Bedford Park campus. For more information about all accommodation services and options available to you, visit Flinders Living.

Off-Campus Living

If you are considering off-campus living, please take the time to understand the rules and regulations of renting. Information about rental agreements is covered by South Australian legislation and can be found through the South Australian office of Consumer and Business Services.

Important Information About Temporary Accommodation

If you have not arranged long-term accommodation, it is very important that you book temporary accommodation before you arrive in Adelaide. As Flinders University doesn’t run a temporary accommodation service, you will need to arrange your own.

Access my Email

All Flinders students receive a free email account. This is the email address the University will use when sending official correspondence to you, so check your account regularly.

Your FAN (Flinders Authentication Name) forms part of your Flinders email address.

Allow up to one hour after activating your student account before logging in to your email. Your Flinders dashboard (Okta) provides easy access to your email account.

Plan my Study

Before you start enrolling there are a number of things you need to do to prepare for your studies:

Review your course rule

A course rule is an outline of the study requirement you need to complete to finish your course. It is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the requirements of your course as detailed in the course rule.

Find general course rules here.

Elective and option topics

Most courses will allow you to enrol in elective or  option topics, which are available from across the University, or from a pre-determined list. Read your course rule or seek advice from your course coordinator to help you choose the right topics.

Attend information sessions or get course advice

At information sessions you will have the opportunity to meet other students, teachers and other staff members and ask any questions you have.

See course advice details for information.

Use the timetable planner

Using the Course Rule and the Timetable Planner identify the topics you would like to study. Most courses require you to enrol in four topics (4.5 units each) per semester, which is equivalent to a full-time study load.

You might like to use the UniBuddy unofficial timetable planner to assist you with your planning. UniBuddy was developed by Flinders Honours students. Always use the Student System to register in your classes.

More information

If you still have questions about which topics to enrol in, get in touch with your course coordinator or course administrative officer.

Financial information

Please logged-in to see your personalized financial information.

Arrival information

Flinders University offers a free Meet and Greet service to support your start in Adelaide.

Complete the online booking form at least three working days before you are due to arrive. A member of Flinders’ Arrival Team will meet you at Adelaide Airport and take you to your accommodation.

This service is free for accompanying family members, too.

Students coming to Flinders on an academic or English pathway program should contact their pathway provider about arrival services.