Complete my student finance forms

It’s important for you to know that all students supported by the Commonwealth or deferring payment of fees using a Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP) loan, need to complete and submit the relevant forms.

The following information will point you in the right direction:

Commonwealth Supported Students

There are three Commonwealth Assistance Forms:

  • Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP
  • Request for FEE-HELP Assistance
  • Request for SA-HELP

The Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP forms need to be completed by eligible students before enrolling in topics.

As well as describing the terms and conditions of a Commonwealth supported place, these forms also allow eligible students to elect to defer payment of course fees using a HELP loan.

Deferring Student Fees

  • If you’re an Australian citizen, Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder or an eligible New Zealand citizen, you may defer your student fees by completing a HECS-HELP, SA-HELP or FEE-HELP form
  • As a general rule, all students are charged a compulsory student services and amenities fee. If you are eligible and wish to defer this fee you must submit an SA-HELP form in addition to your HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP form
  • Eligible New Zealand citizens must have been long-term residents of Australia since childhood and meet certain eligibility criteria. (See the Study Assist website for more details).
  • Permanent residents and most New Zealand citizens are not eligible to defer fees, and will need to pay fees upfront each semester.

More information:

Enrol in topics

You can enrol in topics for the entire academic year. Each topic code contains information about the subject area and level of study for that particular topic. For example, BIOL1101 is a biology topic and is designed to be taken in the first year of study; DRAM2100 is a drama topic designed to be taken in the second year of study.

To help you coordinate your enrolment, use these links to access additional information:

Please note, Flinders Foundation Studies Program students DO NOT need to enrol in topics.

Register in classes

You’ll be able to register in classes once you’ve enrolled in topics. For further information:

Please note, Flinders Foundation Studies Program students DO NOT need to register in classes.

Order my ID card

Your Student ID card is an important part of life on campus. You’ll need your Student ID to:

  • attend exams
  • obtain student concessions
  • access University buildings
  • borrow resources from the library
  • store credit for printing and photocopying
  • and more.

Order your Student ID card online.

Contact Flinders Connect if you have any issues.

Pay my fees

If you’d like to defer your fees, and you’ve already completed the relevant HELP forms, you can move onto the next section. If you haven’t completed the forms, please return to Complete My Student Finance Forms

For more information about paying your fees, visit Flinders’ Fee Information.

The Australian Government has proposed a number of changes to the funding of higher education which may come into effect in 2018.  Due to a delay in the legislation, Flinders is unable to confirm the 2018 student contribution amounts for Commonwealth supported students.

You will be notified when 2018 student contribution amounts have been approved and charged.  Until then, the fee account for Commonwealth supported courses will not display any amount owing, or to be deferred.

For more information about the legislation see StudyAssist.